- How would you characterize work teams that currently
exist at the organization in study? Specifically, what makes them highly
- This is a quite large company and there different
types of teams with different levels of authority, power and
responsibilities. Generally speaking, this company is well known for its
ability to deliver on high profile projects that by virtue involves teams-
for great part of it, careful selection of team members (right
configuration of experts and skills) and clarity about what they have
committed to are among the reasons behind the high functionality of teams
within this organization.
- How have you dealt with dysfunctional teams at
organization in study ?
- First thing is to identify and understand the root
cause for such dysfunctionality for instance, stepping in when
there are unresolved discussions and trying to show commitment toward
certain common goal is one way , that I would follow, to deal with
- How do you keep
teams focused and moving towards common goals?
- Focusing on what we can do rather than what we cannot;
- Allocated the right amounts of time to the important
- Does the organization in study have a strategy for
having “Courageous conversations"? In other words, how does it facilitate
employees’ abilities to broach difficult topics and talk about them within
teams and how effective is it?
- Most of the leaders in this organization are well
coached on how to have non-emotional courageous conversation. Some people
take it personally, but the common good of the Company is what matters
actually. I think it is very effective way to handle the” elephant in the
- Respond to at least two of your team member's blog posts.
Refer to my comments on below blogs: